Designer Chandra decodes her individual sense of style and reveals what’s in store this season
Designer Chandra has an effortless approach to fashion. And its far from that of a high strung designer diva. At a recent shoot she is wearing a timeless Kanchivaram Silk saree featuring heritage Payadi weaving technique (a modern check pattern) layered with design concept featuring pallu in Rich Maroon and Black.
She says “Kanchivaram silk is my favorite fabric, it is the perfect canvas for my creative energies, a new treatment this season is a touch of glamour to this understated sophistication – Concept designs like Partly Pallu, Half n Half, innovations in kanchivaram weaving, Also interesting are the various layers of hand embroidery on this versatile canvas called Kanchivaram Silk”. Chandra has been designing for over 15 years now having worked closely with artisans from all over India. She does not adhere to the conventional idea of fashion where seasons change. Fashion should be about self expression and how you feel, rather than what other people think” she says confidently.
Constantly looking at elements that surround her and nature for beauty in it raw form; one can find designer Chandra always fabricating design ideas and jotting thoughts for new and innovative design concepts. She is a firm believer in the concept of wearable fashion
This season we have experimented with the concept of fusing fabrics of various consistencies and textures like a simple Kanchiavarm silk in burnt orange layered with pure luxurious Velvet in contrast Black featuring block printing. The transition highlighted by sequins hand stitched with precision. This saree can be contrasted with chunky gold Mala for the neck and very simple understated earring complete the regal look.
Chandra’s Style Tips
• Dress up a saree this season by dressing down the accessories, Use a single statement making bold element be it a Cocktail Ring, Stunning earrings or an antique neckware
• French Lace and delicate fabrics like chiffon are the perfect choice for an elegant evening
• Dress up sheer fabrics with Benaras Brocade saree petticoats to create a glamorous look
• Invest in the right pair of heels and ensure the saree just touches the floor and not ride above
• Always team an elegant saree with the perfect bag or clutch
For more of the latest designs please click- http://www.sakhifashions.com/Shoponline.do
You can mail us at contact@SakhiFashions.com or call us at +91 80 32963636